In order to register, please read the following basic rules of conduct. If you agree, you can register on the next page:
Participation in a study
- Registration does not commit you to participate in any particular study, but you will receive email notifications about our upcoming studies. You are then able to sign-up for these studies.
- After registration at the website, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Make sure to check your spam or junk folder if you have not received the confirmation email. To avoid missing any invitations you may want to add email@example.com as a safe sender in your e-mail program.
- Please only register once in this database. Registering multiple accounts undermines our scientific research.
- You can unsubscribe from the recruitment platform at any time.
- You can sign up for lab-based and online experiments. After signing up, you will receive more information about the study and payment.
- Lab based experiments take place at the Social Interaction Lab in Leiden. Please remember to bring your Student ID card or an equivalent ID to each study, so that the researcher can verify your status.
- For online experiments, after you sign up, you will receive a link to an online platform that you and other participants can enter at the scheduled time to take part in the study.
- Studies are often conducted in groups of people interacting with each other. If participants fail to show up (for either lab-based or online studies), this might lead to the cancelation of the whole session. Therefore please make sure that you are actually able to join the scheduled study before you sign up for it.
- Anyone who signed up for a lab-based or online study, but did not show up or was too late will receive a "no-show" entry in the database. After a person receives 2 no-show entries, he or she will be permanently removed from the database, and will be ineligible for any further studies.
- For lab-based studies, payment often takes place immediately after the study by means of immediate bank transfer or cash. For online studies, the payment takes place via a bank transfer.
- In order to perform a bank transfer, we will ask you to provide your personal details such as your bank account credentials. This information will be stored securely.
- We will keep your data confidential and only reach out to you about upcoming studies.
For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.